Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server
Flagship is a leading reseller of refurbished and Custom Built Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Servers. Designed for enterprise performance and scalability, the Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server combines the advantage of four-socket computing with the cost-effective Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 and E5-4600 v2 product families, for demanding virtualization and database workloads. The UCS B420 M3 is a balanced, high performance platform that complements the UCS four socket blade server portfolio. It offers industry-leading computing density, I/O bandwidth, and memory footprint, The full-width UCS B420 M3 supports 1.5 TB of memory and takes full advantage UCS virtual interface card (VIC) technology for up to 160 Gbps aggregate I/O bandwidth.
The UCS B420 M3 is part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) that combines blade and rack servers with networking and storage access into a single unified system. Centrally configured through unified, model-based management, Cisco UCS simplifies and speeds deployment of enterprise-class applications running in bare-metal, virtualized, and cloud-computing environments.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to four Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Servers, supporting up to 6 TB of memory per chassis.
Features and Capabilities
- Suitable for nearly all four-socket applications
- Exceptional building block for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Full-width form factor offering expandability, performance, and massive I/O bandwidth
- Unique Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) technology provides I/O bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- Cisco SingleConnect technology for one simplified link for rack servers, blade servers, and virtual machines
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to two or four Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 and E5-4600 v2 product family
- Up to 1.5 TB of memory with 48 DIMM slots
- Up to four SAS, SATA, or SSD drives
- Using the Cisco UCS VIC 1240 and its port expander allows up to eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Adding Cisco VIC 1280 to Cisco VIC 1240 and port expander can increase bandwidth to sixteen 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two mezzanine, PCIe slots, Generation 3 for third party network adapters
- The Fusion IO and LSI cards significantly improve application performance for Cisco UCS servers