Find the best online prices for the Dell PowerVault MD1000 Storage Array Enclosure at Flagship Technologies!
Modular disk storage expansion enclosure for PowerEdge™ servers.
- 15x (Fifteen) 1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3.5" Hard Drives installed (15 TB)
- Dual EMM controllers installed
- Rack Rails included (for Dell racks)
- 2x (Two) Power Cords included
- SAS cables NOT included
- Software NOT included
VERSATILE STORAGE EXPANSION
The Dell™ PowerVault™ MD1000 is a modular disk storage expansion enclosure for PowerEdge servers. The PowerVault MD1000 is capable of housing up to fifteen (15) 3.5-inch disk drives in a single 3U rackable chassis. The direct-attached storage enclosure supports both Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA) disk drives to give extensive configuration and optimization flexibility.
MODULAR EXPANSION FLEXIBILITY
When used in combination with a host-based Dell PowerEdge RAID controller (PERC) or a PowerVault internal RAID array, the modular enclosure can be daisy chained for scaling disk performance and capacity. The PERC 6/E enables up to three 15-drive SAS disk enclosures—a total of 45 drives—to be daisy chained to a single host connection, delivering an extended total capacity of 90TB when using 2TB disk drives. Alternatively, the enclosure’s disk drives can be split between two servers with up to eight drives assigned to one server and up to seven drives assigned to a second server. Furthermore, the enclosure’s disk drives, power supplies and cooling modules are hot-pluggable so they can be replaced while the system stays up-and-running.
Dell Official Documentation & User Guides
Form Factor: Rackmount (3U)
Hard Drives Installed: Fifteen (15)
Hard Drive Capacity (ea): 1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3.5"
*Dell OEM Hard Drives
Max Hard Drive Capacity: Fifteen (15)
Host Connectivity: Unified Mode - Direct connectivity to 15 disks and beyond Split Mode (Dual Host Access) - Connectivity to drives 0 though 6 to one host; A separate connectivity to drives 7 through 14 to the second host
Back Panel Connectors (per EEM):
- Host Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Expansion Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Service Management: One 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector
- Front Panel: 1 Two-color LED indicator for system status, 2 single-color LED indicators for power and split mod
- Hard Drive Carrier: 1 single-color activity LED, 1 two-color LED status indicator per drive
- EMM: 3 two-color LED status indicators: one for each of the EMM SAS ports and one for the EMM status
- Power Supply/Cooling Fan Module: 3 LED status indicators for power supply status, power/supply/fan fault and AC status
- PERC 5/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, 50
- PERC 6/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60
- Up to 30 physical disks per group
- Up to 256 virtual disks
- *Requires installation of RAID adapter in host server(s), NOT INCLUDED
Power Supplies: 480W each, two (2) Installed
Weight (enclosure): 78 lbs (maximum configuration)
Dimensions (enclosure): 13.11 cm (5.16 inches) x 44.63 cm (17.57 inches) x 48.01cm (18.90 inches)