Buy & save on this IBM 7216-1U2 Multimedia Enclosure 1U from your trusted partners at Flagship Technologies. Buy Now! Or browse our revolving inventory of IBM System Storage online and get the best deals to maintain or upgrade your IT project or data center.
IBM Part Number(s): 7216-1U2
The IBM System Storage 7216 Multi-Media Enclosure (Model 1U2) is designed to attach to specific IBM POWER6, POWER7 and IBM PS703 and IBM PS704 BladeCenter models through a Serial Attach SCSI (SAS) adapter, or through a Universal Serial Bus (USB) port or an internal USB adapter on the server.
The IBM System Storage 7216 Multi-Media Enclosure is an excellent choice for environments where:
- The availability of internal server bays for storage devices is limited or no drive bays are available in the server
- It is important to consolidate storage devices in a single, convenient location to minimize space and cabling impacts
- There is a need for the versatility of tape, DVD-RAM, and removable disk drives with either SAS and USB interface electronics
- 19-inch rack space is limited
The two bays of the 7216 can accommodate the following media devices:
- DAT160 80 GB SAS Tape Drive -- Up to two drives
- DAT160 80 GB USB Tape Drive -- Up to two drives
- Half-high LTO Ultrium 5 1.5 TB SAS Tape Drive -- Up to two drives
- DVD-RAM SAS Optical Drive -- Up to four drives
- RDX Removable USB Disk Drives -- Up to two drives
There are two ways to attach the 7216 offering to IBM POWER Server or BladeCenter ports.
- Each drive feature may be attached individually to an external SAS or USB (internal or external) port on the server.
- With the Quad External SAS Cable (Feature number 5544), up to four SAS tape or DVD-RAM drive devices may be attached to a single SAS Host Bus Adapter.
Note: IBM PS703 and IBM PS704 BladeCenters do not support the Quad Cable.