The PERC 4e/DC RAID controller is a high-performance, PCI-E to SCSI host adapter with RAID capabilities. It provides reliable fault-tolerant disk subsystem management and is an ideal RAID solution with Dell PowerEdge systems. The RAID controller offers a cost-effective way to implement RAID in an external enclosure.
Designed for host servers with an open PCI-e slot.
Dell Part Number(s): X6847, 0X6847
Possible Applications: Use to connect a Dell PowerVault 220S or 221S external direct-attached storage array to a Dell PowerEdge server with a PCI-E riser slot.
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, and 50
- SCSI channels 2
- Array interface to host PCI Express Rev. 1.0a
- Storage interface SCSI U320
- Cache memory size 128 MB SDRAM
- Cache function Write-back, write-through, adaptive read-ahead, non read-ahead, read-ahead
- Cache battery backup Yes
- Number of logical drives and arrays supported Up to 40 logical drives and 32 arrays per controller
- Maximum logical drive size supported 2 TB for all RAID levels (0, 1, 5, 10, and 50)
- Online capacity expansion Yes
- Hot spares Yes
- Flashable firmware Yes
- Hot swap devices supported Yes
- Non-disk devices supported NOTE: PERC 4 does not support any non-disk devices except backplanes. Only SAF-TE and SES
- Mixed capacity hard drives Yes
- Number of 16-bit internal connectors 2
- Number of 16-bit external connectors 2
- Cluster support Yes